Kate’s 5 top tips on applying Air-Lite:
- In hot weather, keep Air-Lite in the fridge- it quadruples the cool factor when you apply it to your legs.
- Whip your body brush over your legs, upwards from feet to knees, knees to thighs. If you have time, grab the handheld shower and switch it to cold, spray your legs with it then switch it to warm and do the same; repeat this a few times to encourage the lymph and circulation.
- Apply in an upward direction from feet to knees and knees over thighs to hips. You apply it upwards towards the heart (as with body brushing) and towards lymph stations, where the nodes drain fluid from nearby organs or areas of the body. Lymph nodes are located throughout the body, including neck, armpits, groin, around the gut, and between the lungs.
- Use your thumbs to push the cream around your ankle bones and up your legs- over the sides, backs and fronts of your calves, and gently massage behind your knees to activate the lymph. Then use your thumbs to apply the product further up the thigh.
- Now lie flat on your back for at least 10 minutes with your legs up against the wall to encourage fluid to drain back up your legs towards your pelvis.