What Are The Biggest Causes Of Cellulite
Cellulite is a common skin condition that affects around 90% of women, especially on their legs. It develops when the fat cells beneath the skin push against the connective tissue, creating a dimpled or lumpy appearance on the skin. There are a couple of reasons this happens. The main one is fluid retention: when the area around the fat cells becomes congested with fluid it pushes the cells out of line; another is, as we age, the connective tissue that holds skin cells in place weakens and doesn’t give the same support. Although cellulite is not a health issue, it can be a cosmetic concern for many women. In this blog post, I’ll explore the biggest causes of cellulite and ways to reduce it, including the use of creams and oils.
Causes of Cellulite on Legs
- Genetics – play a significant role in the development of cellulite. If your mother or grandmother had cellulite, you are more likely to have it.
- Hormones – changes in hormonal balance during puberty, pregnancy and menopause can also contribute to the development of cellulite. A decrease in oestrogen in particular can affect the formation of cellulite.
- Lifestyle factors – an unhealthy high-carbohydrate diet, not drinking enough water, being active and smoking can all contribute to cellulite. The body gets congested when the lymph, your natural waste disposal network, is sluggish, which happens when you are not active enough because lymph is activated by movement.
- Ageing – with age skin loses its elasticity, and the connective tissue beneath the skin becomes weaker. This can cause cellulite to become more visible.
Best Creams For Cellulite
While it’s tricky to totally remove cellulite, some creams and oils can reduce its appearance. The best creams for cellulite typically contain caffeine, which improves blood flow and reduces the look of cellulite; Legology Air-Lite Daily Lift For Legs is one such cream. Other products, including oils, contain herbs like butchers broom and goldenrod along with aromatherapy oils with deep drainage benefits like juniper and Siberian fir to promote the lymph and help decongest clogged areas around the fat cells.
How Do You Get Rid of Cellulite?
While cream and oils can help reduce the appearance of cellulite, they cannot do it all on their own. To really make an impact on cellulite you need to take a lifestyle approach to the problem:
- Exercise regularly – regular activity boosts lymph and blood flow, and it tones the muscles, which can help reduce the appearance of cellulite.
- Eat a healthy diet – eating less carbohydrate and sugar can help reduce inflammation in the body, which can contribute to the development of cellulite.
- Stay hydrated – drinking plenty of water can help keep the skin hydrated and reduce the appearance of cellulite.
- Get a massage – good massage, ideally full body, can help improve lymph and blood flow and reduce the appearance of cellulite.